The Ladies’ Watch Prize is awarded to Chanel, for the J12 Calibre 12.1.
In 2019, approaching its 20th anniversary, the CHANEL J12 watch has been transformed without losing its identity. Naturally.
An icon never changes; it adapts to the passage of time, captures it, shapes it, enhances it. For the Only Watch auction, CHANEL is offering two inseparable J12 timepieces: one black and one white. An exceptional duo, equipped with the new and exclusive chronometer-certified self-winding Caliber 12.1, presented at Baselworld 2019 and developed by the Kenissi manufacture, in which CHANEL is a stakeholder.
Why are these timepieces unique?
Two historic firsts:
These watches are the first two unique ceramic timepieces from the new J12 generation equipped with the self-winding Caliber 12.1, and are also the very first pair of watches in Only Watch history. This J12 duo stands out from the classic collection for:
- Its new self-winding Caliber 12.1 in black, visible through a sapphire crystal engraved with OnlyWatch,
- Its ceramic case in matte black and matte white,
- Its tone-on-tone dial accentuating the key figure of the collection: 12.
The inseparable J12s: references H6350 and H6349
- Unique timepieces for Only Watch
- 38 mm case in highly resistant matte black or matte white ceramic and steel
- Bracelet in highly resistant matte black or matte white ceramic with steel triple-folding buckle
- Highly resistant matte black or matte white ceramic and steel. CHANEL Manufacture
- Matte black-varnished or matte white-varnished dial
- Black Caliber 12.1 Manufacture self-winding mechanical movement, 70-hour power reserve.Chronometer certified by the COSC, 5-year guarantee.
- Water resistance: 200 meters (650 feet).
- Desired price: €40,000
IT’S ALL ABOUT SECONDS
Everything has always been about seconds for a House created by a woman who knew how to follow her instincts. The instinct of the moment when everything is decided.
Whether it is the longest second of a lifetime on the day of an important decision or preparing a soft-boiled egg with perfect culinary precision, catching an airplane or missing a taxi, our existence is a succession of milestones that are of no coincidence.
The New J12 – NAOMI CAMPBELL is the watch for these milestones and the perfect accompaniment for every second. In this campaign for the most iconic CHANEL watch, nine iconic women share their personal experiences about a second that changed their lives.
Everything is a story of seconds for a woman who is in touch with her life and with this intimate timepiece that can shape destiny in a few seconds. The new J12 Watch is for this woman.
BIOGRAPHY OF NAOMI CAMPBELL
“Every action that I’ve committed myself to is a decisive second.”
Naomi Campbell made her first on-screen appearance at the age of seven when she was featured in the music video for Is this love? by Bob Marley. As the daughter of a ballet dancer, she decided to follow in her mother’s footsteps and studied the art of ballet at the Italia Conti Academy and the Stage School in London. Yet her life changed course completely at age 15 when the director of a modeling agency spotted in her in the street.
Just a few weeks later, she appeared for the first time on the cover of a magazine, none other than British Elle. Her career as a top model then skyrocketed, boasting more than 800 magazine covers to date.